- emerging and key issues facing the addiction treatment and recovery communities
- guiding professionals who increasingly encounter clients with addiction problems but who are not specifically trained to treat them
- supporting family members and employers.
Your audience/topics: doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers, social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists, counsellors, rehab staff, alcohol/drug educators, recovery advocates, peer groups, LGBT organisations, school teachers.
Deadline: Presentation proposals, if accepted, will be publicised in the print and online Recovery Plus programme which will also be inserted in the January/February issue of Recovery Plus journal, both printed and online e-mag. All presentation proposals should therefore be submitted by 17 November 2017 to give time to evaluate them, contact presenters, design and print programme and magazine.
- Promotion in electronic and print marketing materials, including Recovery Plus journal (print + e-mag) and the daily DB Recovery News
- Delegate pass for you and a companion throughout the conference
- Recognition and credibility within the industry at this premier event
- New networking opportunities as the Recovery Plus audience hear your expertise and experience
- Participation in the growth of your profession and industry, increasing access to treatment and improving client outcomes.
Guidelines + Presentation application form
The Recovery Plus programme will be presented to the IC&RC credentialling body for CE/CPD approval. IC&RC is the International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium which has 50,000 addiction-treatment specialist members worldwide and whose credentials are recognized worldwide as the gold standard for competency in the field (in the US, they are written into state and national practice regulations and insurance legislation). Guidelines to bear in mind when presenting your submission in order to meet IC&RC guidelines can be accessed with the application form by clicking Recovery Plus 2018 presenter submission.
Sales pitches for products or services disguised as proposals will be rejected. Instead, we seek a well-defined topic with focused action-oriented objectives, practical application of material and completion of the presentation proposal.
Acknowledgement Presentation submissions will be acknowledged via email upon receipt.
Review period The Planning Committee will review the proposals by 17 November 2017, seven months prior to the event. This not only allows time for revisions and the submission process to apply for CEUs/CPDs but also to give 6 months of publicity to the accepted presentations before the Recovery Plus conference on 25+26 June 2018.
If your presentation is selected you are required to:
- Register as a Speaker/Faculty on the www.recoveryplusdb.com website
- Register your companion as a delegate on the website
- Submit your Powerpoint presentation by the deadline date
- We will supply LCD projector (which will display your uploaded presentation), screen and podium as well as microphone for plenary sessions. If you require equipment or services beyond these, you must get approval and could be charged an additional fee.
- Submit your handouts to Recovery Plus 60 days before the conference. Handouts presented by this date will be reproduced and transported to the conference site at our expense but later handouts will not be reproduced by Recovery Plus.
- DB Recovery Resources/Recovery Plus does not pay stipends or travel costs to speakers except in rare instances. However, in recognition of your contribution to the conference’s success, we offer the speaker benefits listed above.